New Zealand’s diverse education system gives you a wide range of programmes and institutions to choose from, in any region of the country. New Zealand’s relaxed pace of life gives you the time to enjoy everything our vibrant modern cities have to offer. Enjoy live music, theatre, film, dance, free festivals or international sports fixtures, or hang out with your new friends at a cafe, restaurant or bar.
Most of our cities and towns are relatively small and uncrowded, making your daily commute easier and faster than back home. Wherever you live, you won’t be far from beaches, parks, walking trails and cycle tracks.
New Zealand is one of the safest and friendliest places you can choose for your studies. In 2019, we were named the world’s second most peaceful country by the Global Peace Index, and the world’s least corrupt country by Transparency International’s Corruption Perception Index. Your education provider will have signed a code of pastoral care aimed at ensuring you have the care and support you need to have a successful study experience in New Zealand.
- Capital – Wellington
- Official name- New Zealand
- Population: 4,428,312*
- No of universities -8
- Largest city – Auckland
- Official Language – English, Maori.
- Other Official Languages: Maori, New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL)
- Monarch – Elizabeth II
- Prime Minister – Jacinda Ardern
- Currency – New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Minimum Wages / Hour – 18.90 NZD
- Currency: New Zealand Dollar ($)
- Climate- cool temperate to warm temperate with a strong maritime influence.
- Government – Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
- Government: Constitutional Monarchy with a Parliamentary Democracy
- International Airports – Auckland Airport, Christchurch International Airport, Dunedin International Airport
Cost For Study Programs
Average annual fee (in CAD*)
$20,000 to $35,000 per year*
Postgraduate master’s degree
$19,000 to $29,000 per year*
Intakes – Feb / July/ Oct/ Nov
Major Intake – Feb – July
Why study in New Zealand ?
- New Zealand is an ideal study destination for BD students of its International standards, competitive cost and a cosmopolitan culture.
- Quality education at comparable prices is the rationale behind New Zealand’s popularity.
- New Zealand degrees are patterned on the lines of the British education system.
- A safe environment and a fine student’s support system add to the country’s multiracial, multicultural warmth.
- New Zealand is becoming first choice for an increasing number of international students seeking quality education.
- New Zealand universities offer students a unique learning environment. Known as the ‘New World Class’.
- New Zealand is an economically wise and safe option for students.
- Beautiful region with remarkable natural beauty, dynamic culture that makes the country a great place to study.
- World’s most recognised education system
- Perfect balance in theoretical and practical modules focused on industry centric training
- Qualifications widely recognized and respected internationally
- Cost of education is cheaper as compared to US/ Europe
- Fee payment only on visa approval
- Cost effective industry endorsed programs for engineers
- Hospitality programs with paid internships
- Skill shortage across various sectors therefore high demand for fresh graduates
- Temperate climate with pleasant seasonal changes conducive for study and recreation.
- Large numbers of Indians has migrated in the last 10 years and have been successful.
- High Student Visas as compared to countries like the US
- Work permit for Spouse
- NZ$15000 per year *
IELTS scores as a proof of English Proficiency.
- Diploma programs: Overall band score of 5.5 with no band less than 5.0
- Bachelor’s Degree: Overall band score of 6.0
- Graduate Diploma: Overall band score of 6.0
- Post Graduate Diploma : IELTS Score is 6.5 overall
- Master Programs: Overall band score of 6.5
- 20 hours per week; 40 hours during vacation.
- Spouse eligible for full time work permit for students pursuing Post graduate qualification.
- Diploma & Graduate Diploma – Inside Auckland 1 year Stay Back, Outside Auckland 2 years Stay Back.
- Graduate Diploma Leading to Registration – 2 years Stay Back
- Post Graduate Diploma & Masters – 3 years Stay Back
POSSIBILITY OF IMMIGRATION
Did you know that some international students with New Zealand credentials and NZ work experience may apply for permanent residency without having to leave NZ ? For more information about the possibility of immigration to NZ once your study is complete, please visit the Immigration and Citizenship website.