Canada is a country which is located in the northern part of North America. It is renowned world wide for its vast untouched landscapes , blend of cultures and rich and natural beauty. The quality of education and standard of living in Canada are amongst the highest in the world.The UN ranks Canada as one of the best and safest place to live in. one of the key components of Canadian post secondary education is “Research”. Canada has a highly dynamic and hands on academic environment. Cost of living and tuition fee for international students are generally lower than US & UK. It is the most preferred destination for students who wish to pursue college or university education.
- Capital – Ottawa
- Largest City – Toronto
- Population – 35.16 million
- Official Languages – English, French
- Government – Federal Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
- Monarch – Elizabeth II
- Governor General – Julie Payette
- Prime Minister – Justin Trudeau
- Currency – Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- ISD Code – +1
- Temperature – Subarctic in South and Arctic in North
- Part time wages / Hour – $18.5 CAD (vary in each provinces)
- International Airports – Calgary(YYC), Edmonton(YEG), Halifax(YHZ), Montreal(YMX), Ottawa (YOW), Toronto (YYZ), Vancouver (YVR) , Winnipeg (YWG)
Cost For Study Programs
Average annual fee (in CAD*)
$12,000 to $25,000 per year*
Postgraduate master’s degree
$14,000 to $35,000 per year*
Intakes – Sept / Jan / May
Major Intake – Sept
Why study in Canada ?
- One of the top-ranked education system in the world
- Strong growing economy with large manpower shortage.
- Large number of prestigious universities
- 1year tuition fees with semester wise payment
- Less time and easy visa processing.
- Range of job focussed programmes with Co-op.
- Nomination for Immigration to Canada under Provincial Nominee Programs.
- Post-graduate work permits upon successful completion of studies related to the field of study
- Canada welcomes over 2 lakh immigrants per year & has a policy for skilled professionals as well as Business Immigrants
- A person who is a Canadian Permanent Resident may apply for Canadian Citizenship after 4 years.
POSSIBILITY OF IMMIGRATION
Did you know that some international students with Canadian credentials and Canadian work experience may apply for permanent residency without having to leave Canada? For more information about the possibility of immigration to Canada once your schooling is complete, please visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website.